Have you ever thought about using CBD oil for weight loss? This naturally-derived compound offers an abundance of potential health benefits that may assist in burning calories, reducing appetite, and increasing metabolism.
Whether you’re making your own oil from growing CBD strain seeds or buying top-shelf CBD oil products, the secret’s in the dosage size. Keep reading for the full rundown on using CBD oil for weight loss.
Let’s jump in!
CBD and Weight Loss
Cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are the two primary cannabinoids found in cannabis and hemp plants. The latter is psychoactive and delivers powerful cognitive effects, while the former is non-psychoactive and offers plenty of potential health benefits.
As a result, CBD is a popular choice among medical patients and wellness enthusiasts. It gives you all the holistic benefits without the typical marijuana high.
Most people think that cannabis compounds increase hunger rather than suppress it. This statement is true—but only for THC. CBD has an entirely different effect on your metabolism and appetite.
Do you want to use CBD to lose weight? Here’s how CBD may help you slim down:
- Appetite suppression: Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t stimulate the CB1 receptor that releases hunger-inducing hormones. Instead, it blocks the CB1 receptor and reduces your appetite.
- Fat breakdown: CBD indirectly activates the CB2 receptors, helping convert white fat cells into brown ones. The former is stored by your body for later use, while the latter generates heat and burns calories.
- Increased metabolism: A faster metabolism helps you burn calories quicker—even while resting. CBD is known as a metabolic booster that increases your body’s metabolic rate.
- More energy: Aside from using CBD to lose weight, you can also benefit from its ability to make you feel revitalized, awake, and free of brain fog.
- Hormone control: Overeating as a coping mechanism is one of the leading causes of weight gain. CBD lowers cortisol levels, reducing stress and anxiety.
- Reduced inflammation: CBD promotes weight loss by lowering inflammation and pain, which can affect your motivation to exercise and be healthy.
Keep in mind that research on CBD and weight loss is still limited. This natural product shouldn’t be a substitute for a healthy lifestyle. Remember to consult your doctor before making any medical changes.
Best CBD Dosage for Weight Loss
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t have a Recommended Daily Allowance for CBD. It can be tricky to figure out your ideal starting dosage, so some trial and error is inevitable.
The recommended CBD dosage for weight loss depends on numerous factors, including your specific symptoms and biological profile.
Every person’s body interacts differently with cannabinoids, so optimizing your daily intake is essential. Some of the factors that affect CBD dosage include:
- Your current weight
- Existing health conditions
- Prescribed medications
- The symptoms you want to treat
25mg per day is the typical dose for most wellness consumers. Beginners usually start at around 10–15mg a day. More experienced users may require more than 40mg a day.
The best approach is to start low and gradually increase your dose to achieve your desired effect. For some, this may be half a CBD gummy, while others may need a higher dosage. Remember to consult your doctor before incorporating any CBD products into your lifestyle.
Tip: Download the mydosage app for a detailed explanation of your recommended intake.
How to Consume CBD Oil for Weight Loss
Ready to reap the benefits of using CBD oil for weight loss? Start by searching for an organic, broad or full-spectrum, and third-party tested product. We recommend opting for a brand that’s Clean Green Certified.
For optimal results, stick to these top tips:
- After a workout: Consume CBD oil after a meal containing fat
- Before a workout: Take a tablespoon of coconut oil with CBD oil
- In the morning: Add a few drops of CBD oil to your morning drink
CBD products are also available in the form of vapes, gummies, and capsules. Here’s how to make the most of these items:
- Use an electronic vaporizer made for dry flower
- Nibble on CBD gummies
- Take CBD oil capsules
- Use topical CBD creams for skin or joint issues
The Lowdown on CBD and Weight Loss
Although scientists don’t know everything about cannabidiol, research shows that this organic compound may serve a purpose in weight management. You can use CBD for appetite suppression, increased metabolism, higher energy levels, hormone control, and fat reduction.
Ready to slim down with the help of a naturally occurring compound? Visit your medical practitioner and ask them about the benefits of using CBD oil for weight loss.
Jennifer Gallagher, an experienced cannabis grower at SeedSupreme Seedbank. During a 7-year career in the marijuana growing business, Jennifer has gained a high competence in this field. As far as weed is concerned, she knows it all inside out. Jennifer is an expert in pot-growing, as well as cannabis types and their effects. She’s also familiar with all legislation nuances.