When you think of the food industry, you may have an incomplete picture of display cabinets.
They found that artful presentation increased participants’ tastiness ratings by 18%. As a result, the results indicated that consumers were willing to pay a significant premium for the same tasty meal presented artistically.
They have been around for quite some time, but they are beginning to take off lately. There are lots of reasons for this. First of all, you can now find curved and straight displays. This means that your products can be displayed without any hassle. You can also choose from a large variety of shelves, end panels, and more.
The impact of display cabinets on food presentation is one of the most important things to consider in the food service industry. Having an eye-catching and artistic display of food products can lead to better tasting and higher tastiness ratings.
Art-Inspired Presentation Results In Higher Tastiness Ratings
There was a study that investigated the effect of artful food presentation on consumers’ tastiness ratings. It used the same set of ingredients and presented them in three different visual arrangements. Among other things, the researchers tested if the artful food presentation was the most impressive of the three. After consuming the dish, the participants were asked to rate its tastiness using a 10-point Likert scale.
They found that artful presentation increased participants’ tastiness ratings by 18%. As a result, the results indicated that consumers were willing to pay a significant premium for the same tasty meal presented artistically. The findings suggested that aesthetic value is more important than tastiness when determining whether or not a particular dish will be a hit with customers.
In addition, the ‘art-inspired’ presentation was the only one that received the aforementioned gimmick award. This is because the ‘art-inspired’ display was the only one whose ingredients were placed in the same order as those in the other two.
Refrigerated Display Cabinets
- Refrigerated display cabinets are part of the technology used to preserve food. They can be found in a variety of retail outlets, restaurants, hotels, and gas stations.
- As demand for fresh and frozen food increases, the market for refrigerated display cases is expected to expand at a healthy rate. The increasing number of retailers and restaurants is fuelling the development of the industry. These units are used for displaying products to encourage impulse buying and boost sales.
- In addition to these benefits, the increase in energy efficiency has also increased the demand for chilled and frozen foods. A refrigerated display case can be used to display poultry, fish, and dairy products.
- However, certain factors must be considered before purchasing an RDC. For example, airflow requirements, size, and design. You must also account for the accessibility of the unit.
Retrofitting Doors To A Typical Open-Fronted Display Cabinet To Reduce The Effect Of Defrosts
- One of the best ways to improve the presentation of food products is to retrofit an open-fronted display cabinet with a door. This not only keeps refrigerated air inside but also helps prevent spoilage due to the influx of ambient air. It is also a good way to get a more modern look out of older open cases.
- Adding a door to a standard open-fronted display case has been shown to significantly reduce the amount of heat removed by a condenser. This isn’t only good for the environment, but it also improves the quality of the food. As a bonus, it cuts down on the time a condenser is running, thereby reducing electricity costs and maintenance.
- A more recent study demonstrates that a second flow path (i.e., a fan), along with a secondary layer of air directed outwardly in a similar fashion to the first layer, can reduce a case’s total temperature. The airflow device can be located in any suitable location. Moreover, adding a lid or a door to an open-fronted display cabinet can be a cost-effective and energy-efficient way to increase the shelf life of your wares.
The best part is that it only takes an hour or so to do. You can also use the opportunity to introduce some more energy-efficient measures, such as LED lighting, into the mix.
Companies that adopt sustainable business practices can increase their competitive edge
Sustainability In Food & Beverage
- The beverage industry is increasingly interested in sustainability. As consumers look for products that can improve their appearance, reduce waste and enhance taste, many companies are looking to promote environmentally friendly production practices.
- Companies that adopt sustainable business practices can increase their competitive edge. However, it’s important to understand the challenges and obstacles that can prevent a company from successfully implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Understanding how to implement sustainability within a global supply chain is crucial. It can also help a firm reach its regulatory goals and reduce its energy and water footprint.
- The beverage industry has adopted several strategies to move toward a circular economy. By investing in new equipment and reducing waste, a company can lower its environmental footprint.
- Food companies are also under pressure to disclose more information about their supply chains. This can result in reputational costs and financial costs.
- In addition, a large portion of food and beverage greenhouse gas emissions originate from livestock and associated land-use practices. Therefore, companies need to develop and share information on the sources of their emissions, as well as the animal welfare of their suppliers.
- In addition to understanding the supply chain, it’s essential to consider the full consumption cycle. The consumer’s decision to purchase sustainable products entails a wide range of considerations, such as their health and the impact they will have on society.
Finally, in conclusion, it can be simply assessed that display counters have really enhanced the food industry with their unique aesthetic value and sustainable model, but you must choose your display model wisely and see that it meets your requirements and standards.