Taking healthy snacks with you is a good habit. It’s frustrating to be stuck somewhere you can’t get a proper snack. Make it a habit to pack healthy snacks for yourself. Another important thing is not to skip meals. It’s easy to eat a lot and mindlessly when you have a buffet, a sizeless box, or a whole bag of food in front of you. You don’t even notice how much you eat. Estimate your portion size ahead of time, or even mark it down, and eat one or two servings at the most.
How The Healthy Snack Should Be
You’ve probably heard some people talk authoritatively about how unhealthy it is to snack on the go. Others – that it is necessary to eat often and in small portions. Be that as it may, the modern rhythm dictates its terms. A healthy snack should include plenty of fiber and nutrients (fruits, vegetables, whole grains), carbohydrates with a low glycemic index, so-called “slow” or “right” carbs (fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and beans), so as some protein and healthy fats (nuts, seeds, soy products, avocados, olive oil). And because there is often a desire to immediately eat something tasty and hearty during the day, we tell you about a dozen healthy and tasty combinations for snacks that will work for everyone.
- Whole-grain bread sandwich. A simple sandwich with whole-grain bread may be a healthy and delicious snack. Take a look at some possible combinations of ingredients to put in your sandwich: avocado and salmon, salmon and salad, boiled egg and green onion, strawberries and dark chocolate topping, blueberries and maple syrup. Such sandwiches will give you energy if you are hungry at work, in the university, or just,t sit at the sitting, gambling at the National Casino, and want to take a break.
- Fruit Chips. Thinly slice the fruit (bananas, apples, pears) and arrange it n a single layer on a baking tray with parchment paper. Place in an oven preheated to 100ºC and turned over for even drying. Cooking time depends on the fruit: apples and pears, for example, are ready in 30 minutes, but bananas need up to 1.5 hours.
- Hummus. Soak 350 g of chickpeas in hot water, rinse after 12 hours, and boil for about 3 hours. Drain the broth into a bowl and pour cold water over the chickpeas for a quick cleanse by rubbing them between your fingers. Drain the cold water and beat the chickpeas with a blender, adding the broth a little at a time so that the mixture resembles the consistency of liquid sour cream. Add sesame oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice, and your favorite spices. A healthy snack for school is ready.
- Smoothies from fruits and berries It takes only a couple of minutes to prepare a delicious and nutritious drink. Chop your favorite fruits and berries (frozen or fresh), put them in the bowl of a blender, and add milk, yogurt, or mineral water. Blend everything until smooth – and a thick healthy drink is ready. A natural smoothie is a source of vitamins and healthy microelements.
- Fitness bar. Pour 200 grams of oats into a bowl and add the pulp of crushed banana, apple pulp, pounded through a blender or grater, your favorite dried fruits, and nuts. Mix everything until homogeneous and bake in an oven heated to 180ºC for 25-30 minutes.
- Spicy cashews. Spiced cashews, rich in protein, vitamins A, B2, B1, and iron, make a great addition. To prepare them, you need to mix oil, syrup, spices, and sugar. Add cashews to the mixture and mix well. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place cashews on it. Bake the cashews at 160 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes. The finished cashews can be stored for 2-3 weeks at room temperature.
- Zucchini muffins. These unusual savory muffins are great for a picnic or a light lunch. If you want to make the dish more hearty, you can top it with ham, cheese, and herbs. Mix cereal, nuts, raisins, and seeds. Add the butter and beaten eggs, then mix thoroughly. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the dough, giving the cookies a round shape beforehand. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 180°C until the biscuits are nicely golden. Leave cookies while they are hot. Otherwise, they will not come off properly from parchment paper.